pastro.org web site moved to new server
Sunday, November 01, 2009 10:55 AM
After struggling for a week or more with the folks at iHostAsp.net, I finally gave up. They did their best, but they could not figure out what all the problems were, so I decided to try another hosting service.
I use Lunarpages.com for my own web site and have been using their Windows hosting service to run a "sandbox" copy of this web site for testing. It took me a couple of days to sort out all the steps but I went thru a practice run of moving this web site to the sandbox site and with a bit of work got it all sorted out.
On Saturday 31 October I shut down the site on iHostAsp, backed it up, restored the backups on a new site on Lunarpages, and ran thru all the configuration steps needed to move the site to a new server. The nameservers have been updated and the changes are propagating now. Once that's done the move will be complete.
The only step left (that I know of) is to transfer the Activation for Active Forums to the new site; I have submitted a request to them to do this.